Student-led organizations are a great way to enhance your college experience.
- Network with peers and industry professionals
- Get involved with the campus community
- Gain valuable experience beyond your academic classes
- Help other students through formal and informal leadership roles
The following organizations are excellent options for anyone in the ALEC major. Check out the full list of more than 800 student organizations at Illinois to learn more about how you can get involved. If you don’t find an organization that fits your needs, you can even start your own student organization.
Alpha Tau Alpha/Ag Ed Club
The Alpha Tau Alpha (also known as the Ag Ed Club) meets monthly and members:
- Organize recruitment activities for ExplorACES and FFA conventions
- Assist with planning for State FFA Career Development Events
- Participate in a two-day professional development trip in the Spring semester to explore agriculture businesses and agricultural education programs at both the collegiate and secondary levels of education
- Help organize the statewide FFA Greenhand Leadership Conference for high school students
Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow (ACT)
Membership in the Illini ACT organization is open to anyone interested in professional communication related to food, agriculture, energy, and the environment can join. Illini ACT members:
- Participate in monthly meetings
- Meet regularly with Ag Comm alumni
- Attend professional development conferences
- Plan and participate in social gatherings
- Submit works to the National ACT Critique and Contest
- Gain insight into courses, internships, and careers by interacting with faculty members and professionals
Illini ACT also offers informal mentoring between students. ACT members help each other find and get internships, choose classes, and get acquainted to university life.
Illini Emerging Leaders
Illini Emerging Leaders is a professional organization that believes all students have the capacity to become an effective leader and we seek to provide the stepping stones for you to advance your skills. This organization is a home for all students to:
- Develop leadership skills
- Grow individually alongside a team
- Network with professionals and other Illinois students
Illini Emerging Leaders works to serve our campus and community as we enhance our leadership abilities for all stages of life. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Related Organizations
Depending on your concentration and interests, these organizations might also interest you: